[CUBE] GeForce 4 and fanless Radeons?

Thubten Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Fri Feb 14 23:01:28 PST 2003

Fan Free TwinView 32MB Apple OEM ATI Radeon 7500 For Cube

It may not have been shipped with any Cubes or "Apple Approved". But it
sure as hell fits and works 24/7 with no fan and no fence perfectly.

Yes, this card does not need a fan to drive two monitors from inside a
Cube. It is the only TwinView of its kind that fits in a Cube. I spent
about three months last year studying the various upgrade paths for the
Cube before coming to the conclusion that this is the best and only
choice for maximum delivery to two screens AND continuing to run fan
free. I own three Cubes. And I don't want any of them to ever break.
Fans make NOISE. I don't like NOISE. I don't want NOISE. Do you want
NOISE?

Fans Fail. And when (not if) they do, the GPU burns up rendering the
video card DEAD. I was determined to find a solution that kept fans out
of my 500 MHz Cubes with 120 GB HDs inside. This is the only fan free
TwinView solution for the Cube.

Yes, I still have a few of the these video cards for sale. I bought
them for resale exclusively to Cube list members when I figured out
that they are the fastest fanless TwinView video card that fits in a
Cube. It runs without a fan very well. Keeps your Cube silent. The card
has a VGA and an ADC port. The ADC port can be converted to VGA or DVI
with a $35 Dr. Bott adapter for each type of conversion. It's 32MB and
runs Quartz Extreme when both ports are used as well as when you only
use one.

Are you familiar with the Macintosh Extended Desktop? It is a
fundamental feature of the Mac OS. Two monitors may be hooked up to
this card and they both play separate parts of a bigger desktop.

It goes in easily with a phillips and #8 Torx screwdriver and a pair of
pliers in 5 minutes. You do not install this card with a fence. Leaving
out the fence keeps it much cooler so air can flow directly into the
video card's chamber between the ports and flow over the GPU heat sink.

Kunga