[CUBE] Which is the better performing graphics card?

mentholiptus mentholiptus at mac.com
Sat Feb 15 07:19:27 PST 2003

On Saturday, February 15, 2003, at 12:46  AM, J.C. Webber III wrote:

> Hello fellow cubers,
>
> I'm looking at getting either the GEForce 3 card from Nvidia or
> the Apple OEM ADC 32MB ATI Radeon AGP card.
>
> Any opinions on which is the better performing card?

The GeForce3 is much faster, but the noise it made was unbearable to
me. It's a strange mid-range goofy whine that sounds like it's
originating INSIDE your ears, like when your ears suddenly pop and
ring...just like that, but way louder.

I used it for a day and replaced it....but then I ordered another one
after I sold it, to see if it was just problem with the card I had
used, but the new card was exactly the same.

The radeon 7500 gets great framerates in q3a, and has no fan, but
manages to stay cooler than the GeForce2 MX. (I test it with my
fingers.)

jesse

.