DVR-105 $179 at Fry's

Germ Steel germsteel at myrealbox.com
Sat Feb 15 15:39:29 PST 2003

> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 10:16:39 -0800
> Subject: Re: [CUBE] DVR-105 $179 at Fry's
> From: Trev Copland <trev at trev.com>
>
> Not true. You may be having some good luck, but I wouldn't set the
> expectation so high for others. It is not supported, Apple won't help
> you one bit with it, and if you realize your mistake after you open
> iLife, it's yours to keep. I'd be interested to hear others'
> experiences, as I'm sure compatibility with iDVD and off the shelf
> burners isn't commonplace.

tRev:

It's not "luck" it's a Pioneer mechanism.  This is has been discussed here
and is well documented (but not widely known):

http://forums.xlr8yourmac.com/drivedb/

So unless Apple pulls an Apple and does a malicious disable in the future
they should keep working no?

--gsteel

The two-fold paths:

Hack your mac don't be a consumer

Revel in cosumer joy never upgrade anything