[CUBE] DVR-105 $149 at Staples.com

Patrick McNamara pmcnamara at mac.com
Sun Feb 16 14:44:16 PST 2003

You could use power in an external box... but I have so many things
plugged into power strips I didn't want to add one more. I also seem to
recall somewhere (cubeowner forums?) that someone said there were
"issues" with using external power... whatever that means.

I believe the Cube only supports two ATA devices (master/slave), so no,
you couldn't use a ribbon with an extra connector to allow use of the
internal DVD.

I'd be curious to know if others have done this hack with complete
success... after reading about it at cubeowner.com, I decided to try it
myself. I've gotten the Cendyne recognized by the System Profiler, I've
burned a CD-R, I've managed to install iDVD3 and create a project...
but when trying to burn a project, it constantly gets hung up on Step 4
of the process, and after a forced quit, the drive is not recognized
until a restart is done.

Patrick McNamara