Is it worth the upgrade: ATI 128 Rage -> ATI Radeon or GF2MX?

J.C. Webber III jcw at kingoblio.com
Wed Feb 19 15:39:38 PST 2003

It looks like just a simple swap to put a BTO ADC ATI Radeon or a
BTO ADC GF2MX in place of an existing ADC ATI 128 Rage card.

But is it worth the effort?  I know it's easy, my question is
does it bring you enough performance improvement to justify the
$150 and the time to do it?  I've seen benchmarks comparing these
cards amongst themselves, but never against the 128 Rage.

It looks like all the other options are either much more costly,
and/or much more involved to install, mostly due to the heat
or mounting bracket issues.

Right?
--
J.C. Webber III
Technical Lead, Unix System Administrator, Apple Computers