[CUBE] My [CUBE] Thinks DVR-105 Outside Is Inside

Hal kastegir at mac.com
Sun Feb 23 10:04:02 PST 2003

Close, but not exactly. It' not that I want no external drive at any
price. I just don't like the way this mod wold make my Cube look. I
have an external hard drive that I connect occasionally, but I like the
clean look that my desk has right now. I have the Cube up on a shelf
"on display" and all that's on the desk is the orb speakers and a small
flat panel display. Even the keyboard is hidden when not in use. I also
like the operation of the internal drive. Dropping a CD or DVD into the
"toaster slot" is very cool. I still haven't played with iDVD, I use
Toast for all my burning. My other concern is that if I'm going to bite
the bullet on the aesthetic issue and  get an "external drive", I'd
want to be able to share it with my Powerbook.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the ingenuity in getting this hack to
work. It's very cool, just not for me right now.

For now all this is moot for me as I'm going to be packing up the Cube
for a while (I got one of the Willow Design cases just to be safe). I'm
moving and want to get things ready early. Alas, I'll miss it, but I
gotta get the home office cleaned up to sell the house... Don't want to
leave my toys about for prospective buyers to mess with. Fortunately, i
just got a fast Powerbook. :-)

-Hal