[CUBE] Geforce3 VGA and DVI

Todd Masco cube-list-local at babayaga.org
Mon Feb 24 23:56:41 PST 2003

> Hear, hear!  I agree.  I've been following this discussion with
> great interest.   I was quite put off by the two comments telling
> us to shut up about this already.

Simply in the interests of clarity...

My comment was *not* demanding that people not discuss TwinView.
That's not my issue, I personally use a Twinview card, the GeForce 4
Ti, on my G4 MDD with two Apple LCDs.

My issue, expressed in a fairly surly mood for which I apologize, is
that TK kept focusing only upon TwinView as though a card with TwinView
is automatically superior to a "singleview" card.  As Chris explained,
you sacrifice single-screen performance at similar prices, which
doesn't make sense if you're never going to touch the second RAMDAC.

My surliness on the topic probably has a good deal to do with the fact
that TK keeps inviting people to buy TwinView cards from him, so I
can't see him as holding a disinterested opinion on the matter.  While
I'm not saying that he's consciously pushing his product exactly,
sometimes it feels too much like an infomercial.  So sorry for the
previous surliness, but that's how I feel about it.  And that's my last
comment on the matter.