Cube: ADC to DVI / ATi Rage to NVidia Geforce2 MX 32Mb swap

Carlo Ambler akihabara at inwind.it
Fri Jan 3 10:34:05 PST 2003

Hi everyone !!

A couple of interesting (?!?) questions ...

Question # 1:

I'd like to connect my Cube to an LG DVI-I equipped 17" Flat LCD
Display that i ordered (model number 1710B).

Right now my 450Mhz Cube has the standard built-in ATI Rage 128 with
both standard VGA and digital ADC outputs.

If i do buy the Apple ADC to DVI connector (T2795 Apple Part Number
from the Apple Store anyway), would i be able to drive the LG DVI-I
w/out any problems ? Or is it meant to work ONLY with the DVI equipped
22 Cinema Display and "old" 15" Apple Studio Display LCD monitors as
"suggested" on the Apple website?

Is there anyone out there with a similar configuration who has an
answer ?

Question # 2:

Can i "safely" replace the original ATI Rage 128 with a "pulled-out"
Nvidia Geforce2 MX 32Mb that used to work (well) on a G4 733Mhz
PowerMac with Superdrive (the very first mac equipped with a
Superdrive) ??

Do i need to "cool-down" the new card once in the Cube or is its
standard heat sink enough ?? Can i run it fan-less ??

Thanks a lot in advance for your kind help.  ;-)

CIAO !!!!

Carlo Ambler (Rome, ITALY)