[CUBE] Cube: ADC to DVI / ATi Rage to NVidia Geforce2 MX 32Mb swap

John T. Folden nedloftj at mac.com
Fri Jan 3 17:29:57 PST 2003

On Friday, January 3, 2003, at 08:16 PM, Thubten Kunga wrote:

> See? Alan confirms what I've been telling you. The tower GF2MX cards
> with the small heat sink run just fine in the Cube.

Maybe so... Although Apple obviously thought there was a need for the
monster heatsink originally. My Cube 500 was one of the last built and
it had the larger one though it seems to me that someone earlier had
mentioned
that replacement cards now had the smaller one. Either Apple doesn't
see the
need to be so cautious now or they just don't care.  As I recall, the
fan-less tower
version of the Radeon was also installed in some Cubes, as well. :-)

John