[CUBE] OT: Jaguar on 233mHz iMac

Gary Waugh tersono at tersonodesign.com
Sun Jan 5 22:57:50 PST 2003

On Sunday, January 5, 2003, at 09:11 PM, Hal wrote:

> This is a little off-topic, but I'm hoping for some  insight. I
> recenty inherited an original 233mHz iMac from my parents (they
> upgraded to a flat-panel model). I was considering adding some memory
> and giving it to my in-laws, as they're currently without a computer.
> They're not gamers and will only be using the computer for email,
> web-browsing and word processing.
>
> Does anyone have experience running jaguar on a 233mHz iMac? All of my
> machines are now running OSX , so I'd rather set it up with OSX than
> OS9, because it'll be easier for me to troubleshoot over the phone if
> they have questions.
>
> Any help is appreciated.

I know of several folks who are running 10.2.x on RevA iMacs without
issue, but you're certainly going to have to add some extra RAM :)

FWIW I have an original Wallstreet G3-233 powerbook, which I've
upgraded to 256mb. It runs OS X surprisingly well - especially for
simple stuff such as mail, web browsing and small apps like AppleWorks.

Gary