[CUBE] Combo vs. Super...

John T. Folden nedloftj at mac.com
Wed Jan 8 22:54:38 PST 2003

On Thursday, January 9, 2003, at 01:47 AM, phoenix wrote:
>         My Cube's drive reads DVD just fine, and burns to CD-R without
> problem.  That's with the drive it came with, far as I know...

Well, that might be the drive it came with but that's not the drive
it 'came with', if you know what I mean.  :-)  Originally the G4 Cube
shipped with a DVD-ROM drive. In Feb of 2001 Apple began shipping
newer models with CD-RW drives.

A combo drive (one that can read DVD's and burn CD-RW's) was
never a BTO option from Apple. If your Cube has an internal Combo
drive it is a 3rd party mod.  :-)

John