[CUBE] problem installing JAG

Thubten Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Sun Jan 12 22:44:00 PST 2003

This post reminded me that Jaguar MUST be installed on the first
partition. It's not on some disks. It's on any drive. A genius at the
Palo Alto Apple Store explained to me that UNIX can only see itself to
boot when the system is on the first partition. I forgot about this
until Sensei posted this below. I don't know about the size of the
partition needing to be 8GB although that's the size of mine. I think
10GB is better size to try. You definitely can not and do not want to
install OS X on any other partition. It Must be the first one.