Modem problems

Clive and Hayley Solomon solomon at clear.net.nz
Mon Jan 13 01:06:16 PST 2003

I am suddenly having problems with my modem.

Please don't laugh - still running my original cube on OS 9.2.1 with its 56K
internal modem v.34

When I try to dial in to my ISP I mostly get an error message from Remote
access (4.0.2).  This happens directly through remote access or through a
browser or email application.

"The modem is not responding properly. Reset the modem etc etc"

Done all the usual things, reset PRAM, run disk warrior, run Nortons disk
doctor - can't seem to solve the problem.

Modem connects about 1 out of 10 tries.

Any ideas (I realise I need another rather large technology upgrade - but
things really were working well.)

Thanks