[CUBE] PL upgrade (Was: Feedback from GigaDesigns!)

Sergei Zak mancubus at macbox.ru
Wed Jan 15 07:32:47 PST 2003

Maybe it's an OpenFirmware / NVRAM settings problem,
I can imagine some Power Management setting not reset even by pressing
the CUDA switch. Like I had this problem after upgrading to OF 4.1.8
the Cube would not be Force-shutdown using the power switch, it would
immediately go to sleep instead as soon as i put my finger on the power
switch. Previously it would go to sleep ONLY when I removed a finger
from the switch AND the time my finger spent on the switch was less
than 4 sec.
But now this woe is magically gone, I missed the trick that did it, but
now it's OK as before at the OF 4.1.5. I guess Jaguar install did it?
Someone with a coma-bitten Cube tried removing the battery for a day?
You may also try entering 'reset-nvram' at the OF prompt.
then...
reset-all
set-defaults
Then again - there are revisions to the MLB. Are there any of the DCDC
board?