[CUBE] iCommune

Bill Fox wfoxjr at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 18 16:35:04 PST 2003

On Saturday, January 18, 2003, at 01:30 PM, Sensei (Eliezer Navarsky)
wrote:

> And why would you assume such a thing?!...

That most of the list is against piracy? It seems they are. No one
jumped in saying they weren't.

> For example, It is still legal to move music (that I legally own) from
> my home computer to my office computer...

Sure is.

> For an additional example, it is still legal to share original music...

Yep, on the original media.

> The fact that certain software/hardware allows IP piracy does NOT mean
> that it is used exclusively for that purpose... Your CD writer can be
> used to produce bootleg copies of software and music CD's - does that
> mean you use it for that?!...

Well, Apple claims iCommune was produced illegally so your fight is
with Apple, not me. It can be used with iTunes for piracy as you point
out just like Napster.