[CUBE] Slot Load DVD-RW Drives From MCE

Thubten Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Sat Jan 18 20:23:18 PST 2003

So we are not allowed to make negative comments about any more Cube
adaptable product prices any more on this list? We are a bad Cube
person if we do? I own three Cubes. How many do you? Who made you,
Todd, king of Cube list for today?

I think the Cube is not a dead platform. I think it is not a shrinking
pool of sales. I think it is a fixed pool of sales. If Cube use is in
decline why can't PowerLogix find 12 Cubes to buy? Why is resale price
of used and refurbished Cubes at an all time high?

I think that we should all be allowed to write our opinions about the
continued development of this market anyway we like. How does my
whining about a $500 DVD-RW drive when I just bought one for $170 a few
weeks ago hurt the Cube market? How is it so illogical for me to think
that the price is quite high? And why is it so terrible that I share my
opinion with everyone on this list?

I could even be wrong. So what? It's just a freaking opinion. Am I not
allowed to have one that differs from others? Does that make me a bad
Cube owner not worthy of representing the three Cubes I control?

I think the Cube community is as vibrant and alive as ever and will
continue to be so for decades to come. When I put a dual 1.2 GHz
upgrade into one of my Cubes, it will last me for the rest of my silent
computing life. I am sure there are many others on and off this list
that think, like me, that Cubes are the ultimate Mac that someone will
have to tear out of my dead fingers before they gets passed onto new
and equally quiet and happy homes.