[CUBE] iCommune

Bill Fox wfoxjr at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 18 23:16:53 PST 2003

On Saturday, January 18, 2003, at 10:02 PM, Sensei (Eliezer Navarsky)
wrote:

> No, why would you assume that I would be using it for piracy?!...

I didn't. I made a statement about my impression of the general ethics
of the list and denied speaking for the list.

>>> The fact that certain software/hardware allows IP piracy does NOT
>>> mean
>>> that it is used exclusively for that purpose... Your CD writer can be
>>> used to produce bootleg copies of software and music CD's - does that
>>> mean you use it for that?!...
>>
>> Well, Apple claims iCommune was produced illegally so your fight is
>> with Apple, not me. It can be used with iTunes for piracy as you point
>> out just like Napster.
>
> Apple just doesn't want (and rightly so) a Napster like debacle around
> any of its products.

This repeats my second point.

> Look, I'll let you in a little secret - I don't give a rat's ass about
> what Apple claims.

Not a secret, it's obvious.

> It is a nifty extension that I personally use for perfectly legal
> purposes.

That's your choice.

> Back to you. You started out by wrongly accusing me of piracy.

Nope. See the first point above.

> When I pointed out that iCommune can be used for legal purposes you
> came back with some more "humorous" repartees.

No, I agreed with you.

>  You could have graciously I offered your apologies. You could have
> just let it be. I guess you are one of those people who must have the
> last word...

Huh? There's an old saying about a pot and a kettle.... Well, my last
word is if I ever get on my high horse again on this list, someone
please shoot me.