Geforce4 mx

Seth Silzer cap at mac.com
Thu Jul 10 13:14:36 PDT 2003

Hey all,

Just wanted to let you know I successfully installed a oem Geforce4 mx in my cube last night.  I had to move the dc board and take a 3mmx3mm section out of the corner of the cube.  It runs very cool as I could not notice any difference between the heat it is giving off and the heat of my ati rage 128.

And a side bar (because I dont want anyone to get screwed like I did).
The flashed pc geforce3 runs very hot.  I noticed in the faq on cubeowner that it was reported that people are having a good experience with them.  My card burned up and I had a system fan installed and a fan on the card and good ventilation, but it burned up after about 3 months of use.  Dont waste 220 on a card where you will get no compensation when it dies.  My two cents.

Seth