[CUBE] hollywood dv-bridge

Richard mawgadog at tin.it
Thu Jul 17 14:34:23 PDT 2003

On Thursday, Jul 17, 2003, at 23:25 Europe/Rome, Oz Subscriptions wrote:

> On Thursday, Jul 17, 2003, at 11:53 US/Pacific, Richard Clark wrote:
>

>> has anyone ever used one of these under osx 10.2 on their cube? just
>> got one as a gift and it seems to work all the right lights ect. but
>> can't get it to give me the preview in i movie. waited 2 years for
>> this thing and now that i get it seems like real garbage.
>>

> This item works really well for me. I have 2 Analog to FW bridges. One
> from Formac, and one from Dazzle. The Dazzle is the most reliable, and
> inexpensive of the 4 I've had since I've been playing with DV. The
> Formac is the best looking, but a horribly buggy piece of junk, in my
> opinion; and, further, with the snubbing I get from Formac support, I
> would never recommend their products at all.
>
> Tangent:
> Formac charges money for firmware updates to their Studio DV products,
> even when UNDER WARRANTY which mine is still under. Blah to them!
>
> -Oz S.
> cubing and lovin' it

well i finally got it to do something by holding down the button on the
back and appling power, now i'm trying to import a video from a vcr but
every once in a while i get green bands and everything goes to hell
then i need to start fiddling with the button on the back again, so
much for importing a complete film as a backup. ARGGGGG i hate this
thing been wishing for years to have one to make all my tapes on cd-r
before they go bad i think i should have spent the cash (actually my
dads cash) on a processor upgrade.