powerlogix-europe.com

John Allan jallan at freeuk.com
Wed Mar 5 19:22:56 PST 2003

And so who are these people cruising around the internet taking folks credit
card details!?!

Magnus,

you have to find a friend in the US to buy one from OWC for you, strip the
thing out of the box and ship it privately via USPS Global Priority to you
as a gift.

Otherwise you are going to get hit by VAT *AND* a nice obligatory " handling
charge " by DHL or UPS which together will just about knock out the
difference between buying from them and buying from one of the European
sharks.

[ The couriers make more profit out of that handling charge than they do
shipping it transatlantic ].

What is it about Importers that they really think they can add on 50% to US
prices and expect items to sell?

American companies have been making this mistake for so long in the UK of
using a one dollar equals one pound ratio. And Mac companies so ready to rip
the love blind MacHeads off.

Only Sonnet seems to have been able to keep the lid on this recently as far
as I can see.

For example : for Cube

Powerlogix 1 Gig upgrade from Cancom UK :    GBP 656     USD   1017

Powerlogix 1 Gig upgrade from OWC                  GBP  316     USD     490

For the difference I could fly to New York, have a free holiday and pick it
up myself. It really does not cost any more to ship something from CA to NYC
and shipping from OWC to the UK is faster and more efficient than using
*ANY* bozo UK distributor. [ can these figures REALLY be right? See below ]

My bet is that one day some German outfit will suss this out and wipe the
Euro Mac market clean. UK companies are so crap.

Cancom even advertise a PowerLogix PowerForce Dual G4 1.2GHz for Apple Cube
Mac !

John

> Made4Macs is no longer our Euro distributor....they do not have any product.
>
>> http://www.powerlogix-europe.com
>>
>> Which is really made4macs
>>

> --
> ----
> PowerLogix

http://www.cancomuk.com/products/searchresults.lasso?code=50508&show_detail=
PowerLogix%20PowerForce%20Dual%20G4%201.2GHz%20for%20Apple%20Cube%20%20Mac%2
0&fromlist=yes

http://eshop.macsales.com/MyOWC/Upgrades.cfm?model=128&type=Acceleration&TI=
%23TimeFormat%28Now%28%29%2C+&shoupgrds=Show+Upgrades