[CUBE] Cube Hardware Upgrade Options for Video Editing.

mentholiptus mentholiptus at mac.com
Mon May 5 15:33:28 PDT 2003

On Monday, May 5, 2003, at 08:16  PM, RICARDO wrote:

> I am looking to upgrade my Cube to make video editing on iMovie3 and
> Final
> Cut Express more efficient and productive.  Does anyone have any
> thoughts as
> to which hardware component should be the better target for my upgrade
> bucks: Hard Drive, Video Card or CPU Card?  I cannot afford to upgrade
> all
> three, and if I can get away with upgrading just one of these I'd be a
> happy
> camper, but if I need to upgrade two of them I may be able to stretch
> my
> wallet if necessary.  But which component to upgrade, that is the
> question.

My opinion:

1st upgrade: Sonnet 1.2GHz G4 upgrade $577

http://eshop.macsales.com/Catalog_Item.cfm?ID=5424&Item=STISG412002M

2nd upgrade: 80gb Seagate HDD $106

http://eshop.macsales.com/Catalog_Item.cfm?ID=5563&Item=SEAST380011A

3rd upgrade: Video card. It can be a painful and expensive search, so
I'm going to let someone else help you on this one :)

jesse

.