Printer woes.

Christopher Hack cjhack at onetel.net.uk
Fri May 9 05:56:11 PDT 2003

Tired of suffering with a barely-supported Samsung laser printer on my cube,
running both OS9 and OSX, I bought a trusty HP4 laserjet from ebay. Such a
reliable model from such a big company I thought, there must be dozens of
drivers for OS9, OSX, etc. Not the case. Hooked on the net work, it works
fine with my wife's PC (even has a browser utility), but all I get is pages
of random characters - even with the "new" OSX driver from the HP site. Can
anyone suggest a site/resource/list which might address these issues.
Beyond that, can anyone suggest the best brand of printers for macs. This is
the third brand printer I have bought and found the mac support to be lousy.
Looking for a bulletproof (not too expensive) b&w laser printer that will
work on OS9 and OS10, and I can network from my cube. Thanks fellow cubists
in advance.

Chris