[CUBE] Powerlogix vs Sonnet

Gary Tuck gtuck at mac.com
Fri May 30 10:32:41 PDT 2003

My horror story was--

I bought a PL 1.0 gig series 100 board last September--except for not waking
from sleep, it worked fine.

Got in on the last of the trade ups early spring and went for a PL 1.2 gHz
series 233 board.  It was a disaster.  Waypoint was wonderful in exchanging
the charred board for a PL 1.0 ghz series 233 board.  Thanks to my local
dealers good work I got it up and running with only a service charge, two
shipping charges and the cost of a new hard drive.  I'm out of pocket about
$175 due to the faulty board.  Waypoint suggested I contact Robert at
Powerlogix directly.  I tried twice and never received a reply.  Like
calling down a deep well but without even an echo in return.

The series 233 1 ghz board works but runs considerably hotter than the
series 100 board as measured by the temperature of the air rising from the
core.

Waypoint understands good customer service and how it leads to loyalty and
repeat business.  But they're not going to be able to turn the corner if PL
produces poor products and refuses to respond to customers at all.