[CUBE] iTunes 4.0 Sites & Application Download Links

Alan Thompson athomp2 at mac.com
Sat May 31 22:55:33 PDT 2003

it's all kind of funny - if i want to "steal" music, i use acquisition,
or neo.  but what i've really wanted is to be able to listen to my own
music as itunes used to allow me to do.  i had this, now i don't.  i
don't really want to stream other people's music, or "rip" the streams.
  i just wanna listen to my music how i want to when i want to.  it's
not about stealing anyone else's music via the itunes hack methods -
these sharing services websites never really held any interest to me,
but that's my preference.

i'm sorry for those that this new restriction cuts off what they want
to do with their music, in the way that i want to use my music, but
otherwise, i wouldn't expect apple to facilitate the other uses
(illegal sharing/ripping) of the capability of 4.0 if folks were
abusing it.

On Saturday, May 31, 2003, at 07:37 PM, John T. Folden wrote:

> Is it appropriate to be talking about apps which promote the illegal
> download of
> music on this list?

yes.