Upgrade video and processor at the same time?

Ken Strain kstrain1 at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 2 17:56:08 PST 2003

So I¹ve noticed that upgrading things seems to be the cheap way to go, so
that¹s what I¹m going to do.  I¹ve got a Sonnet 1.2Ghz processor sitting
here with the kit, and I¹m going to order the Radeon 9000 video card from
OWC and the new Cube enclosure from Powerlogix tomorrow.  My question is, I
noticed that you have to remove the video card in order to install the
processor, would I be pushing my luck too much by trying to install both at
the same time?  It seems like I would save some serious time, unless it goes
poorly, in which case I¹m not saving any time at all.

Of course, it would all be put into the new enclosure.  I mean, I¹m only
shelling out about $980 for all of these upgrades.  Do I need to do
something software or firmware wise before I start taking things apart?

-Ken