[CUBE] need help asap on having Radeon 9000 pro put in my cube! :(

mentholiptus mentholiptus at mac.com
Sat Nov 15 08:46:50 PST 2003

On Nov 15, 2003, at 12:54 AM, musik54 at comcast.net wrote:

> Help!  Does anyone have any suggestions? He's of course willing to
> give me my cube back the way it was at no cost, but that leaves me not
> able to use my new monitor

On Apple's display page ( http://www.apple.com/displays/acd23/ ) It
lists the 23" display as working with the 7500. I was under the
impression that to get the 9000 in, you had to move the VRM card
elsewhere inside the chassis. The 7500 will fit perfectly in the cube,
and I'm sure you'll be able to trade someone inside a mac forum
straight up for your 9000 if you don't want to mod your cube (beyond
adding the card). Be careful though, if people know you're going to put
it in a cube, they will try to take advantage of the situation and over
charge you.

from apple's 23" ACD page:

Power Mac G4 with NVIDIA GeForce2 MX, GeForce3, GeForce4 MX, or
GeForce4 Ti graphics card; or with an ATI Radeon 7500, 9000 Pro, or
9700 Pro graphics card

Or, you could buy the powerlogix enclosure thingy...it has a simple way
of mounting the vrm outside the chassis.

I don't understand why the 9000 wouldn't drive the display unless
either the card or display were defective. What kind of deal did you
get on the display? Have you hooked it up to see if it works on any
other machines?

jesse

.