New BT Mouse & KB--Help

Bill Fox wfoxjr at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 4 14:36:03 PDT 2003

Has anyone had success pairing the new Apple Bluetooth Wireless Mouse
with their Cube?

The Bluetooth keyboard pairs and works fine using the original D-Link
Bluetooth USB module but not the mouse. During the pairing process, the
mouse is discovered and named but the auto passkey step never finishes
hence pairing never completes. I've tried this on two Cubes, one
upgraded and one completely stock with the same negative result for the
mouse and positive result for the keyboard. I've tried pairing the
mouse before and after the keyboard has paired. I've tried plugging the
D-Link module into the Cube, display and USB keyboard--no joy.

The mouse works with a Power Mac G4 DP 1.42 and the D-Link module so
the problem is not with the module or the mouse. The mouse and keyboard
also work with 17" and 12" PowerBook G4's with built-in Bluetooth.

I'm stumped.