[CUBE] 2mx heat

George Pepper pep27 at mac.com
Wed Apr 7 10:13:26 PDT 2004

Running a GF-3 in a Cube is risky because there really isn't enough
room for the fan to work as it's designed to... Several people have
burned out GF-3's in Cubes... I run one, but I monitor the CPU temp
with ThermoInDock... I also raised the Cube 1/4" off the surface it's
on to aid the convection cooling... A base fan would really be the best
solution, but I keep the ambient temperature at 75 F or lower and have
no problems...

That being said, I'm not sure how much of a performance increase you
would see between a GF-2 and a GF-3... Other listers can probably
address that better than I... I went from the stock Rage 128 to the
GF-3, so the added performance and addition of Quartz made the
difference quite dramatic...

Pep