[CUBE] CPU upgrades...

Riba riba at hi.hinet.hr
Tue Apr 27 02:54:41 PDT 2004

On 27 Apr 2004, at 11:39, Luis Meleiro wrote:

> GigaDesigns seems to be not using 7457 (yet) either...
>
> <
> http://www.buygiganow.com/miva/merchant.mvc?
> Screen=PROD&Product_Code=5-1213C&Category_Code=Cube >
>
> * Powered by a Motorola 1250MHz 7455A or B processor
>
> So I guess only PL is the one and only introducing the 7457. And yes,
> that may explain the cost increase. Nevertheless, can't see a reason
> for Giga vs Sonnet difference.

Well, if you add the Cube kit the price is about the same between
Sonnet and Giga...and Giga offers 50 MHz more. Sonnet is longer on the
market though, and I have heard very few problem reports regarding
their CPU Cube upgrades. They used to be the most expensive, but now
they are almost the cheapest option.
About the 7475 - if it works, I don't really care what's under the
hood. A real Mac user attitude :)