[CUBE] Cube + Apple 20" LCD? - warning! you need an upgraded video card in the cube.

Hal kastegir at mac.com
Thu Aug 5 15:42:13 PDT 2004

On Aug 5, 2004, at 3:58 PM, Joost van de Griek wrote:

>>> The BTO Radeon will not drive the 20" display too!
>>
>> I have a Radeon 7500, so I should be OK, I think.
>
> No, it won't be OK. It's not a question of VRAM, but the resolution of
> the
> 20" LCD is alien to the older Radeon cards. They simply lack the
> firmware to
> switch to the correct resolution.

Yes, I understand the issue, but the spec sheet for the 20" Cinema (and
23" Cinema HD) Display lists the compatible video cards as:
Nvidia GeForce2MX, GeForce3, GeForce4MX or GeForce4 Titanium or ATI
Radeon 7500, 9000 Pro or 9700 Pro.

That's why I said I should be OK with the Radeon 7500 in the Cube.

-Hal