[CUBE] Fill my house with good music...

atoa at krak.net atoa at krak.net
Sat Aug 7 13:43:06 PDT 2004

What you will need in addition to the Airport Express depends on where
everything is. If all the computers are within easy physical wiring range,
then all you'll need is a Wireless Access Point. For example: Put a WAP
(an Airport Extreme, e.g.) next to the Internet Access Thingie <sup>TM
</sup>. Connect all the computers via Ethernet cabling. If you don't have
enough ports on your WAP and your IAT, add a switch.

Or, if you have a cluster that isn't easily physically wired to the IAT or
switch, but are easily physically wired to each other, get a wireless
bridge and switch. The Airport Express can act as a wireless bridge, as
well.

You really only need airport cards (or third party pci slot ones for
laptops) for those computers that can't easily be physically wired or
which you may want to move around a lot.