[Cube] Silent PC's

TonVanHest a.vanhest at chello.nl
Wed Dec 15 10:07:24 PST 2004

Op 15-dec-04 om 18:43 heeft Nicolas het volgende geschreven:

> The Cube wasn't a runaway success either:)

I know! The first moment I saw one, I wanted to have it (even with
that, in my eyes, ugly OS) but it was way too expensive. Also because
one was forced to buy an incredible expensive Apple monitor
(salespeople "forgot" to tell it had VGA).

So last year I bought my 2nd Apple (first one being a IIc, many years
ago) the 17' TFT iMac and was very happy. First because of the styling,
next because I enjoy working wih OSX (puts the fun back in computing).
Then I was able to buy earlier this year a rather cheap Cube, which I
did.

So now on my desk there is an iMac, Cube and Shuttle PC. Cube and
Shuttle share the same keyboard, mouse, screen and speakers which is no
burden since the PC is only used maybe 5 short times each month. All 3
are connected on a network and to the Internet.

An the funny thing us, everything is enthousiastic about the Cube
especially since almost no one knows what it is and thinks it is
something like an external HD.

Met vriendelijke groeten,
Ton van Hest