[Cube] Bench testing a cube?

Dan Oetting dan_oetting at qwest.net
Thu Dec 23 10:08:16 PST 2004

For servicing, I find the cube is a breeze to work on compared to a
PowerBook or the Duo. My mothers cube died a couple of weeks ago and I
was able to fix it myself
<http://www.users.qwest.net/~oetting/pictures/Cube1.jpg> but I would
recommend practicing on old PC cadavers before anyone started digging
into a real computer like this. It's mostly a matter of learning what
not to do.

One difficulty I ran into was the sensitivity of the power switch when
the cube is out of it's case. As is evident in the picture, using the
switch on the ADC display was not an option at this point which is
where I finally got the system to boot. Is there a way to easily
simulate the power switch?

BTW: Everything went back together and it's been working fine. I
suspect that just reseating the CPU card fixed it.

-- Dan O.