monitoring the temp of the CPU

Fred Terry pfterry at netopia.com
Mon Feb 2 13:22:39 PST 2004

Listas,

Just finished installing a Giga Designs 1.2 Ghz processor upgrade in my
Cube. Upon reboot, I noticed that Thermoindock was showing the CPU temp at
30 degrees F. Knowing that this couldn't possibly be right, I grabbed a copy
of Temperature Monitor. When I started it, Temperature Monitor informed me
that my spanking new CPU didn't have any temperature sensors.

So, I'm just wondering, if you've installed a processor upgrade in your
Cube, how are you monitoring the temps? I have a fan in my Cube, but I want
to make certain I can watch the temp before I put it back in its enclosure.

Thanks for any help.

  pf