[CUBE] Off Topic - need Mail help

Ann Billups abillups at mac.com
Mon Jan 19 13:23:21 PST 2004

I have an off-topic question and was wondering if someone here could
direct me to the source of information to answer it.

In my old (OS 9) email program (Claris Emailer), there was a way to
archive your email so you could then delete some email, but still have
an archive stored. I haven't found a way to do that in the new Apple
Mail program. The only information listed in Mail help is how to back
up(which is basically what I want to do), but this involved copying
several folders and files from different places in both the
Home/Library/ and the Users folders. I am not an AppleScriptor, but
this seems to be a perfect use for an AppleScript to perform all of
these duties at once and save it to a backup folder.

Can anyone direct me to where I might find the answer to my need or
help with making the script?

Thanks.

Ann Billups
abillups at earthlink.net