[CUBE] Alternative mice, wrist conservation

Todd Masco cube-list-local at babayaga.org
Sun Jun 6 17:24:29 PDT 2004

David Sarcastix wrote:
> Graphics tablets are GREAT for some things (for me) not so good with
> others.
> I don?t like to support and hold up a pen all that much.. And it
> actually
> gives me more cramping and discomfort of all the three.

I think you misunderstand.  Some of the Wacom graphics tables also come
with an associated wireless mouse.  The mouse needs no power on its
own, since the tablet is powered - the motion of the mouse and its
buttons  induces the signal in the tablet.

It's very cool.  The big downside of course is that the mouse must be
on the tablet.  You won't be able to use anything you like as a mouse
pad.

The other downside is minor now for Mac use.  It's not a human
interface USB device, so applications that use their own drivers might
lost out.  Panther has the correct drivers built in ... before Panther,
I was constantly losing the device, now it works great.  Some old
classic games might not work, but that's the only incompatibility issue
I can think of.

I've also tried the Kennsington Wireless StudioMouse, but it flakes out
from time to time now, after about 9 months.  I don't recommend it.

I replaced it with the Logitech wireless mouse with the charging
station that everybody is mentioning.  I love it.

HTH,

	-- Todd