[CUBE] Processor upgrade versus Video upgrade...

jesse v mentholiptus at mac.com
Tue Mar 16 05:47:44 PST 2004

On Mar 15, 2004, at 8:52 AM, Erik Ness wrote:

> Greetings all,
>
> Anybody using one of the low power processor upgrades without having
> upgraded the video card? I'm still running all original equipment
> (except for the HD) and want a boost for the leap to OSX. I don't do a
> lot of heavy graphics, so was hoping to avoid the video upgrade for
> now and still get a boost, albeit without benefit of Quartz....

I believe Apple included the 16MB AGP Rage cards in the QE spec down
the line, so you should still notice a significant speed boost in your
graphics performance.

If you don't do much gaming or graphics work, you'd probably just be
wasting money on a graphics card anyway...especially if it's for a
Cube. I think the GF3 is still selling in the $350 ballpark.

jesse

.