[CUBE] Cube, Airport card, self-assigned DHCP address

J.C. Webber III jcw at kingoblio.com
Mon Mar 22 19:51:18 PST 2004

Jeffrey Dobek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am having trouble on my small home network. I have a Netgear
> MR814v2 wireless router, which I use together with a Cube and an
> iBook (dual usb) (each with an original Airport card), and with a
> beige G3 (connected to the router by RJ45 cable).

It's possible that a competing signal has recently entered your world.
Some neighbor may have recently purchased a cordless phone.

Try switching the base station to use another channel.

The iBooks have great signal reception, much better than the Cube,
so that may explain why only the Cube is affected.

--
J.C. Webber III
Technical Lead, Unix System Administrator