[CUBE] sherlock

Riba riba at hi.hinet.hr
Tue May 11 05:58:07 PDT 2004

On 11 May 2004, at 14:33, atoa at krak.net wrote:

> In theory, use "find", and search content. See the apple help article
> found by looking for "find content". It works on 10.1, but is almost
> impossibly slow.
>
> A better way is to use grep in the terminal.
>
> On Tue, 11 May 2004, Helen Lowe wrote:
>
>> I have recently installed OS X (but not panther). I used to index all
>> my
>> Word documents and occasionally use Sherlock to find by content text.
>> But
>> the new Sherlock doesn't seem to do this, and I can't work it out
>> with the
>> new system.
>>
>> Anyone out there got the solution?

Somehow I missed the original message - there is a wonderful must-have
freeware utility called EasyFind that performs all kind of searches,
including 'by content', does not require indexing, and is fast. You can
get it at www.devon-technologies.com...and while you are there, check
DevonThink, amazing piece of software.