email programs...

Scott Foster fosters005 at hawaii.rr.com
Fri May 14 21:12:08 PDT 2004

Hi Folks:
I am running OX 10.2.8 and using, to my everlasting grief, Netscape 7.1.
I am a power user in that I maintain 60 separate email address books -
with the largest containing perhaps 200 email addresses. I wound up
creating separate address books rather than lists because I once had a
severe crash and wound up with the lists missing and one dbase full of
an unusable hodgepodge of email recipients without identifying
organizations, etc. I often send an email doc to several thousand
destinations. With all this said, Netscape has frequently lost major
data - the complete contents of some, but not all, my address books.
While I am careful to back up, I find that I just yesterday backed up a
major data loss! While I can painstakingly reconstruct most of these
address books from previously sent email docs, if I am going to have to
take this much time to reconstruct, I would prefer to reconstruct in a
more reliable program. I would be curious to know what programs you are
using if in similar circumstances? And how about Eudora now-a-days? I
would have gone back to Eudora years ago - had they had an import
capability from Netscape. Yes, I have tried the online conversion people
and none can convert from Netscrap 7.2 to Eudora. Please let me know
your thoughts. Regards - Scott Foster