Modem woes continued

Jonathan Bauer jonathan.bauer at verizon.net
Sun May 16 07:22:06 PDT 2004

Hi,

I wrote recently looking for sources to replace my internal modem, that
I believed was ruined during a thunderstorm.

Now I am not certain that the modem was destroyed because it still
shows up in the system profiler. Before OSX I was able to test and
reset the modem using a version of faxSTF (long gone from my computer).

Does anyone know of a freeware utility to test/reset the Cube's
internal modem? I tried the hardware test CD (for the testing part) but
it doesn't get past the memory test.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Jonathan