[Cube] S-Video Out Video Card

Stefan no-spam at punkt-x.de
Fri Nov 19 00:45:53 PST 2004

>Looking for a video card for my Cube that has S-Video out.
>Performance isn't a huge issue but it should be fanless and fit
>without having to move anything around (or modify my Cube).
>
>A look at Cube-Owner seemed to point to a flashed Radeon 7000. There
>seems to be many variations of this card so if it's my only option
>(given my criteria) I'd appreciate any feedback on which card fit
>best allowing access to all the video ports.
>
>--
>BP

Hi Brett,

look for the ATI Radeon 8500, which is available for Mac too.
I had one built into my cube. There is a little work (you have to cut
off a little part of the edge and you must give the ADC-Board another
place: there is a description of this work on xlerateyourmac), but
that card has got very good test results. It has a fan, but a very
calm one, - really

I think a friend of mine (over here in germany) wants to sell the
card. If you are interested, let me know.

Stefan