[Cube] Cube demise and thanks

g.burnett g.burnett at macunlimited.net
Mon Oct 11 01:00:22 PDT 2004

A few months ago my beloved Cube expired due to problems with the logic
board and the bto GeForce 2 MX graphics card.  It was in the last month
of three year Applecare cover, and after two and a half months of phone
calls and correspondence, I eventually received from Apple a
replacement machine in the form of a new USB2 eMac, as Apple couldn't
source a replacement graphics card.  Nice and fast, but noisy, and I
still miss my Cube.  Many thanks to everyone on this board for the
advice and tips that have been invaluable over the last few years.

Yesterday I bought from a friend a G4 AGP 500 mhz tower, thinking
naively that it would have an ADC connector which I could hook up to my
15" flat screen (Apple only had the Cube back, not all the
peripherals), but the Rage 128 Pro card fitted only has VGA/DVI output.
  Do the 128 Pro, GeForce and Radeon cards fitted originally to Cubes
fit a G4 tower, and, if so, do any Cube listers in the UK have one
available they might like to sell me?  Please contact me off list at
g.burnett at macunlimited.net.  Many thanks.

George B