[Cube] Testin'...

David Lambourn David.Lambourn at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Oct 19 12:56:17 PDT 2004

> It works, seems that everyone is just quiet. We need a decent flame ;)

OK then,

I installed a Giga 1.3GB upgrade about a fortnight ago and everything
has seemed sweet - no sleep problems, perhaps less heat than before!
Everything fine.

Then last week the (4yr-old) HD plays up.  No boot. reinstalled 10.3,
no improvement. Booted from 10.3 Install Disk, opened Disk Utility,
tried Restore, tried Erase, tried Partition - all gave message "Cannot
unmount Disk".  Similarly, booting from Norton System Works.  In Disk
Warrior, I did a hardware check and got message "Disk's SMART software
reports no problems" - or words to that effect.

Now, running on LaCie D2 back-up disk, awaiting arrival of replacement
HD.

Coincidence?

David.