[Cube] Classic Problems

Luis Meleiro luis_meleiro at cilsp.com
Wed Feb 2 10:16:54 PST 2005

Bruce: It could somehow be OSX 'Security Updates' related. I remember someone at this list couldn't install a MacOS 9.2.2 system due to not having the 10.3 up to date. As soon as this person updated the Panther system (including two security updates that were missing) he was then able to install it properly.

Concerning the way one has OSX and OS9 living together... I've had this setup right after swaping the original 20Gb for the bigger one (80Gb) and IMHO, having both systems in different partitions is better. Why? simply because you can press 'alt' when booting/rebooting and choose from which directory/partition you want your Mac to boot from.

Just my 2 cents,
LM

>>> brucarr at rogers.com - 01/02/2005 6:19 PM >>>
Luis:
I have both systems on the same partition. I don't know whether that causes
a problem or not. If you think it's better separate - then when I replace my
original HD 30gig - I'll partition it.
P-Ram didn't help - When I booted from my backup disk's system 10.3.7 and
launched classic from the backup using the system 9 on my cube drive - it
started and ran OK.
Since the list was down or something - I had no choice but to figure it out
alone - so I did the big nasty.
I've solved the problem by reinstalling a clean panther and all it's
updates. Not classic - just Panther.    Big pain  -  Now it's OK
Go figure.
Thanks again,