[Cube] Firewire Hang Ups

Steve Goldstein sng at cox.net
Fri Jul 8 19:04:53 PDT 2005

Well, since you already started up with the Programmer's Button Held down (I think you mentioned that), I don't know of any more tricks that would work.  I had to turn in one of my Cubes several years ago because the Firewire ports were kaput and couldn't be fixed.  Apple gave me a new Qicksilver for it, as it was on AppleCare, and after about three or four returns and all kinds of fixes, including a new (actually, rebuilt) logic board, they still could not get it to work reliably--it kept freezing up.  Sadly, my other Cube is about to bite the dust, because it, too, keeps freezing up, ever more frequently.  I just ordered an iMac G5 to replace it.

--Steve