[Cube] Is my Cube dead?

Scott Strungis scott at strungis.net
Thu Jun 9 07:29:40 PDT 2005

> My 450 MHz (Panther 10.3.9) Cube recently began writing corrupt data
> back to the HD,

Have you tried another HD in the machine?  You could also try a clean
install to an external device, like a firewire drive, or an iPod.  Try
downloading an Ubuntu Live CD.  If this machine works nicely from the
CDROM boot, then that rules out a lot of things and also tends to point to
the HD.

Whenever my PC using friends bitch about their troubles, I boot with
Knoppix and see if the problems go away.  If so, it's either the OS, or
the HD.

Scott