[Cube] Bluetooth for Cube

Brett Pearce way2fast4u at shaw.ca
Thu Mar 3 22:26:34 PST 2005

On Mar 3, 2005, at 9:39 PM, David Flory wrote:

> You can find lots of bluetooth dongles that will work. I'd like to
> bring another aspect of Bluetooth keyboard/mouse to your attention.
>
> I bought a Blue Tooth dongle and keyoard and like using it a lot. Then
> I realized that I can't use the keyboard until the computer has
> finished booting up, so I can't use the option key during booting to
> pick which system I want to boot from, when I'm booting from either my
> computer, my backup FW external, my iPod, my CD or my DVD. I also
> can't use the C key to boot from a CD or use Command S to boot into
> single user mode and use Applejack for maintenance. Since I joined the
> Apple Select Developer list so I can seeds of the OS and am therefore
> upgrading all the time, I finally gave up and went back to the wired
> USB keyboard and my overall experience is nicer, IMOP. Give it a
> little thought and then decide. You won't be able to use the mouse
> while booting either.

Thanks for the info. My Cube's hooked up to my entertainment center and
big screen so a wired keyboard isn't practical in my case. For the
number of times I'd need to boot from anything other than the startup
drive I  don't have a problem choosing the startup disk from System
Preferences or if need be, plug in a wired keyboard.

One question comes to mind, do third party dongles require any
drivers/software? If I booted off an OS X Install CD, would the
bluetooth work?

--
BP