[Cube] Re: Cube Digest, Vol 7, Issue 7

Lacy Kyle lacy_kyle at mac.com
Sun Mar 27 09:19:10 PST 2005

On Sunday, March 27, 2005, at 05:59  pm,
cube-request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com wrote:

>  I use a Griffin iMic and have the output running into a pro audio
> power amp.  That goes into a pair of Tannoy Proto-J near field studio
> monitors.  I record CD's with this settup, and I KNOW I'm getting out
> what I put in.  DVD's also yeild a superior listening experience with
> this rig.

Excellent!

Now to make this a really useful post, tell me where I can buy this set
up for the same price as the soundsticks.............No, of course you
can't.........Now , with your qualifications and immense experience,
you will know that the Tannoy NFM's are good little speakers but
they're far from the last word. They are a 'budget' $250 hi-fi speaker.
Perhaps you should consider spending a little more, say another $15000
and you might be getting close.

For most of us in the real world, we are not looking for the ultimate
hi-fi experience. You wouldn't start off with a cube/usb/mini-jack set
up for that in any case. Most of us are looking for decent sound
quality at an affordable price with aesthetics that won't take over
your living space. The soundsticks offer just that. If your set up does
what you want it to, then that's fine, but don't try and kid us that it
is any way the last word because if you know as much as you claim to
know, then you know it isn't.

Lacy