[Cube] Re: Hello everyone

Gary Lauterback garylauterback at earthlink.net
Thu May 26 19:33:32 PDT 2005

Hello 2 U 2 ...

What you choose to do depends on how much money you want to invest in your
Cube.

In my view (In order of importance) ...

1)  RAM.  Bump it up to 1.5 GIG (PC 100 or 133 RAM)
2)  7200 RPM Drive of a capacity you choose.
3)  Video Card, bump it up to 32 or 64 MB of Video RAM. (This'll allow
Quarts Extreme to kick in. In other words, faster screen redraws etc.  The
stock card won't allow QE to work.) Either ATI or nVidia.
4)  Obtain an Apple 80211b AirPort Card if you even think you want to go
wireless.

Once you get this up and running, and as your experience level grows,
consider beefing up the CPU (Processor). I'll let others guide you here as I
am still running the Stock Processor.  I've done the upgrades noted above
and am very happy with the Cube.  My wife actually uses it.  It's running
Panther with out breaking a sweat.

Good luck!

Gary